carlieanns

Through The Eyes Of A Teenage Reader

Hi, I'm Carlie! Welcome to my blog!

Anya's Ghost by Vera Brosgol

Anya's Ghost - Vera Brosgol

Hey guys, so this is another graphic novel I picked up with month, I don’t know why I've been picking them up recently but they are really fun, easy to get into, and easy to finish.  Anyways, I enjoyed this one too. I liked the art and I liked that the color scheme stayed the same throughout the book. The book is about a Russian girl named Anya that falls down a well at the beginning of it. She finds a skeleton with a ghost attached to it. When she gets found she accidentally picked up a piece of the bone and the ghost follows her. They become friends and Emily, the ghost, helps her with things. But then something happens and that’s all that I’m really gonna say. At the beginning nothing was happening and I was actually a little bored with it. Then at the end the book picked up, it got creepy, and I wasn't expecting it. I loved that it changed like that. The only thing that I didn't really like is that I thought that Anya would have went through more character development that could have happened. The only thing that really changed in her is that she stopped smoking. When I believed that two or three things could have been changed just as easily. Other than that it was pretty good, another great book to pick up in the month of October.

Thanks for reading.