carlieanns

Through The Eyes Of A Teenage Reader

Hi, I'm Carlie! Welcome to my blog!

SPOILER ALERT!

Fangirl: Rainbow Rowell

Fangirl - Rainbow Rowell

Okay,

Oh my gosh. This book was so good. I loved it.

When I first saw this book I didn't know anything about it. All I knew was Rainbow Rowell had written it, and she was supposed to be an absolutely fantastic writer. (This is the first Rainbow Rowell book I have read.) So, I didn't know what to expect from it or anything. I kind of like going into books like that so I can completely form my own opinion and such.

The only thing I didn't like about this book were the experts after the chapters ended. I didn't think most of them had any relevance. Honestly, I stopped reading them after a while and only skimmed them. I LOVED the characters. I loved how they all had completely different personalities, yet they flowed so smoothly within each other. They just worked and that made the story so much better. I also really really really really liked that this book was totally realistic, these types of things are very easily real. I haven't read lots of possibly realistic books lately, so this was beautiful. I really enjoyed this book. It was a great way to start in the Rainbow Rowell book community. This was just an overall FANTASTIC book. I definitely recommend it to everyone.

*****SPOILERS*****

OKAY. So the biggest plot twist had to be Nick. I was definitely not expecting that. It really made me hate him altogether. AND I LOVED THE END WHEN HE COULDN'T PUBLISH WITHOUT HER AND SHE WASN'T GOING TO TAKE CREDIT. Gosh, it made that whole part of the book worth while for me. That was the biggest punch in the face. I loved how Wren, Reagan, and, Levi were all there to stand up for her and were equally as pissed.  Levi, oh Levi, holy cow. He was such a fantastic boyfriend. Like even after that small fight they had near the end he was so upset, but didn't really leave, like most guys would have done, he was just outside her room. Lord, he was perfect. He legitimately cared about her. We all have Levis' in our lives. So I love that. We all have Wrens' and Reagans' in our lives too. Which is really a fantastic element to this book. Laura. God. Effing Laura. What a jerk. What kind of person can leave her effing kids once, and then pracitcally do it again when one is about to die, or could? SHE COULDN'T EVEN GO IN AND SAY HI? JUST A FREAKING HI? That was probably the most heart ripping part of the book, when she walked in Wrens' life to leave. I think though, that it wasn't long enough. But that is me being selfish. I just would have really liked to have seen like how Cath and Levi got through the summer and hear about their thoughts on the LAST Simon Snow book.

Goodbye,