carlieanns

Through The Eyes Of A Teenage Reader

Hi, I'm Carlie! Welcome to my blog!

If I Stay by Gayle Forman

If I Stay - Gayle Forman

Okay,

I just finished reading 'If I Stay' by Gayle Forman. I know a lot of people read to learn things, or to make them think about things that they don't normally think about, and because of that this isn't always peoples cup of tea. But honestly I feel like personally I did get things out of it. It did make me think of things I don't always think of, things were running through my head that I don't usually think I need to worry about. There are a lot of quotes in this book that I marked and tagged. I really liked this book.

First off, the writing style is fantastic. I like the loads of flashbacks and things. I also LOVE that this book doesn't only focus on what she's doing with her out-of-body- experience, but focusing more on what the decision at hand is; which is obviously whether to stay or not. I like that the flashbacks help make this decision. I also like that there are lots of different side characters and that they all have their own flashback. Another of my favorite things about this book, is how much thought was put into Nurse Ramierz. She was seriously one of the sweetest characters in the book. I like that the nurses were more than just in the background, that we saw a lot of her, that she helped as much as she did. The last 30-40 pages had me crying.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. I knew a lot of people liked it, but I also knew a lot didn't. So I was nervous going into it, and I love it. Totally worth the read.

Sincerely,